Masai Mara is one of the best known and most popular reserves in the whole of Africa. At times and in certain places it can get a little overrun with tourist vehicles in the high season, but there is something so special about it that tempts you back time and again. Seasoned safari travelers, travel writers, documentary makers and researchers often admit that the Masai Mara National game reserve is one of their favorite places. Why is that so? Perhaps it is because of the big skies, the open vast savannah, the romance of films like Out of Africa and certainly because of the Big Five, annual wildebeest migration, the density of game, the variety of bird life and the chance of a hot air balloon ride as tourists overlook game from above.
3 Day 2 Nights Masai Mara Safari - Daily Departure from Nairobi
- This tour can be customized
- Single travelers can book this tour and join a group
- This tour departs daily
- No age limit
- Can be organized as a private tour
- Can be organized in a 4 x 4 Jeep
- Accommodation can either be at tented camp or luxury lodge
- This tour visits Masai Mara National game reserve and is offered by African Home Adventure Ltd
- A transfer from the airport in Nairobi/hotel is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged at an extra cost
- Accommodation on safari shall be at Enchoro Wildlife Camp or similar tented camp of choices
- Transport based on our customized seven-seater safari vehicle with specially modified suspension, full-length photographic roof hatches and seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All game park entrance fees
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Entry for driver/vehicle
- All Government taxes and levies
- Drinking drinking water daily
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips on safari and at camps/lodges
- Items of personal needs
- Government taxes where applicable
Day 1: Nairobi-Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Set off the safari from your hotel/residence in Nairobi at 7:30 am heading down to the great rift valley (quick stop here for a nice view of the escarpment). Another stop will be at Narok town where you can grab any personal valuables you might need are refueling of the vehicle. You will make it to Masai Mara in good time to have lunch at the camp while you relax from the lengthy drive. Following lunch you can indulge in the various activities available at the camp; including guided nature walk, Masai Village visit or a 2-hour game drive in the park to see all the Big Five Rhino, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephant live in this wonderful game reserve.
NB: Due to limited time for a game drive on this day, it can be bypassed and extended on the last day to make it 4 - 5 hrs depending on your next destination – this is by cause of new park entry fee regulations of per entry and 12 hrs, 6:00am to 6:00 pm. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 2: Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Have your breakfast at 0600hrs and leave the camp with packed picnic lunch at 0630hrs. Spend the entire day exploring the reserve in search of the big five. With over 450 species of birds recorded here, there is much to see including rhinos, leopard, elephants, buffalo, wildebeests, zebra, warthog, Jackals, lions, many types of antelopes, crocodiles and giraffe. Whether yu are a game lover or an ornithologist Masai Mara has it all and never disappoints. Picnic lunch is served in the reserve along the banks of Mara River, the wildebeest migration point. Return to the camp in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Masai Mara National Game Reserve - Nairobi city.
Wake up early and proceed for your last game drive from 0600hrs in the reserve if you didn't manage your game drive on the 1st day. and this will now go for 4+ hrs. Return to the camp for your late breakfast. Check out and load your luggage departing for Nairobi arriving in Nairobi in the late afternoon. You will be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to catch your home flight or a Nairobi Hotel depending on your drop off request.