7 Days Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru and Samburu
Samburu National game reserve is a rugged and semi-desert park located in northern part of Kenya in the rift valley province. The park neighbors the homes of the Samburu tribe of Kenya, a tribe known for their remote culture, pastoral & nomadic way of life. Lake Nakuru will be our next destination, famous for the white rhinos and millions of flamingos. The last park to visit will be Massai Mara National game reserve well known for the Big Five and the great migration that takes place from July to October.
- This tour can be customized
- Single travelers can book this tour and join a group
- This tour departs daily with atleast two people
- No age limit
- Can be organized as a private tour on request
- Can be organized in a 4 x 4 landcruiser at a cost
- Accommodate can either be in tented camp/budget hotel or luxury lodge
- This tour visits Masai Mara National game reserve, lake Nakuru National park and Samburu game reserve and is offered by African Home Adventure Ltd.
- A transfer from the airport in Nairobi/Hotel is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
- Accommodation on safari shall be at Enchoro wildlife camp and city max hotel in Nakuru and Edwards camp in Samburu.
- Transport based on our customized seven seater safari vehicle with specially modified suspension, full length photographic roof hatches and seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All game park entrance fees
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Entry for driver/vehicle
- All Government taxes and levies
- Drinking mineral water daily
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips on safari and at camps/lodges
- Items of personal needs
- Government taxes where applicable
Safari ItineraryDay 1: Nairobi-Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Pick up from your Hotel at 7.30 am drive to the view point of the rift valley, descend the escarpment and drive via Narok town then to Masai Mara for lunch at the camp. After lunch proceed for afternoon game drive in Masaai Mara game reserve famous for its black manned lion and yearly migrations of wildebeests from Serengeti in Tanzania to Masai Mara in Kenya in the month of July - September, dinner and overnight at the Enchoro wildlife camp or similar.
Day 2: Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Have breakfast, and then spend the entire day exploring the jewel of Kenya. Get to view the famous wonder of the world that takes place between July and September, as you watch over 450 species of wildlife in their natural setting. Picnic lunch is served at the park as you interact with the monkeys. Dinner and Overnight at Enchoro wildlife camp.
Day 3: Masai Mara National Game Reserve
After breakfast proceed for an extensive morning game drive that will cover the better part of the day as the Mara offers new experiences each day due to its vast and extensive terrain. Procced back to the camp for hot lunch and relax then head out to visit the Maasai villages in the afternoon which is optional. Here you get to interact with the Masai community as they share with you their beautiful culture that they have upheld for centuries with the influence of the modern world. Diner and overnight at the camp.
Day 4: Masaai Mara National Game Reserve-Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast leave the camp and depart for lake Nakuru National park. Lunch is served en-route. Lake Nakuru gives you a chance of viewing hundreds of species of birds inclusive of the flamingos and the pelicans. It’s also a rhino sanctuary, and water Bucks, Impala, Buffalo and Gazelle are found in the surrounding gardens. Dinner and overnight at a Nakuru hotel.
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National Park -Samburu National Game Reserve
After breakfast, proceed for an extensive game drive in Lake Nakuru National park which is known for millions of flamingos and it's richness in other bird life and wild animals including white and black rhinos. Leave for Samburu National game reserve with lunch en route and game drive on arrival if time permits. dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 6: Samburu National Game Reserve
Here, we have a priviledge of spending the entire day viewing animals such as the reticulated giraffe, the Gravy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, lions, elephants, cheetah, buffalo and crocodiles at the Ewaso Nyiro river which has always been a lifeline of the Samburu game reserve. Picnic Lunch is served in the park or back at the camp, dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 7: Samburu National Game Reserve-Mt. Kenya-Nairobi
After breakfast leave Samburu Game Reserve to Nairobi via NANYUKI for a quick stop for lunch. This town is located in the foot hills of Mount Kenya, which is the second tallest mountain in Africa with its peaks covered with snow. The weather here is slightly chilly as opposed to the arid weather back in Samburu. After lunch embark on your journey back to Nairobi with a joyful heart filled with nothing but an unforgettable experience