6 Days Masai Mara-Lake Nakuru & Amboseli
Now this is where Kenya safari starts in the heart of Africa. This 6 day magical safari has been tailored to allow your Kenya adventure safari dreams into reality. The 6 days safari takes you through the Kenyan bushes of Masai Mara national reserve into the great rift valley's lake Nakuru national park and to the breath taking scenes of the majestic backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro mountains in Amboseli national park. This is one of the breath taking safaris offered by African Home Adventure Safaris.
- This tour can be customized
- Single travelers can book this tour and join a group
- This tour departs daily with atleast two people
- No age limit
- Can be organized as a private tour on request
- Can be organized in a 4 x 4 landcruiser
- Accommodate can either be in tented camp/budget hotel or luxury lodge
- This tour visits Masai Mara National game reserve, lake Nakuru National park and Amboseli National park. and is offered by African Home Adventure Safaris.
- A transfer from the airport in Nairobi/hotel is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged
- Transport based on our customized seven seater safari vehicle with specially modified suspension, full length photographic roof hatches and seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All game park entrance fees
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Entry for driver/vehicle
- All Government taxes and levies
- Drinking mineral water daily
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips on safari and at camps/lodges
- Items of personal needs
- Government taxes where applicable
Day 1: Nairobi-Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Set off the safari from your hotel/residence in Nairobi at 7:30 am heading down to the great rift valley (quick stop here for a nice view of the escarpment). Another stop will be at Narok town where you can grab any personal valuables you might need are refueling of the vehicle. You will make it to Masai Mara in good time to have lunch at the camp while you relax from the lengthy drive. Following lunch you can indulge in the various activities available at the camp; including guided nature walk, Masai Village visit or a 2-hour game drive in the park to see all the Big Five Rhino, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephant live in this wonderful game reserve.
NB: Due to limited time for a game drive on this day, it can be bypassed and extended on the last day to make it 4 - 5 hrs depending on your next destination – this is by cause of new park entry fee regulations of per entry and 12 hrs, 6:00am to 6:00 pm. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 2: Masai Mara National Game Reserve
Have your breakfast at 0600hrs and leave the camp with packed picnic lunch at 0630hrs. Spend the entire day exploring the reserve in search of the big five. With over 450 species of birds recorded here, there is much to see including rhinos, leopard, elephants, buffalo, wildebeests, zebra, warthog, Jackals, lions, many types of antelopes, crocodiles and giraffe. Whether yu are a game lover or an ornithologist Masai Mara has it all and never disappoints. Picnic lunch is served in the reserve along the banks of Mara River, the wildebeest migration point. Return to the camp in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Masaai Mara-Lake Nakuru National park
After breakfast leave the camp and depart for lake Nakuru National park. Lunch is served en-route. Lake Nakuru gives you a chance of viewing hundreds of species of birds inclusive of the lesser and greater flamingos and the pelicans. It’s also a rhino sanctuary, and water Bucks, Impala, Buffalo and Gazelle are found in the surrounding gardens. Dinner and overnight at a Nakuru hotel.
Day 4: Lake Nakuru-Amboseli National park
After breakfast, proceed for an extensive morning game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park to see the many animals that inhabit this unique park. Lake Nakuru is known for its millions of flamingoes and other water birds. Leave lake Nakuru National Park to proceed to Amboseli National Park with welcome views from Mount Kilimanjaro. Lunch is served en-route. Dinner and overnight at a camp in Amboseli.
Day 5: Amboseli National park
After breakfast, full day spent in Amboseli National Park. The majesty of this mountain makes Amboseli an ideal photographers haven which offers a spectacular background for wildlife and scenic photography. An optional tour to Masai village to experience their traditional way of life and dances, Meals and night at the camp.
Day 6: Amboseli National park-Nairobi city
After breakfast leave camp for the last game drive in the park as you leave the Amboseli National park for Nairobi with Picnic lunch served en-route arriving in Nairobi late afternoon with sweet memories.